The Board of Trustees of Southern Federal University is one of the university self-governing bodies. Its primary objective is to facilitate the process of devising the strategy and programs to develop the University as an educational, scientific and cultural centre of international standing.
The Board of Trustees is to promote cooperation between the University and government and public bodies and agencies, as well as employers; cooperation with the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, the Russian Academy of Sciences and other industrial and research institutions and business communities in the Russian Federation and elsewhere.
The most important function of the Board of Trustees is the promotion of legislative initiatives aimed at improving the legal framework regulating relations in the sphere of higher professional education and science.
The Board of Trustees is set up for an unlimited period of time and is made up of leading politicians, public and religion figures, opinion leaders representing different spheres of economy, culture, and science, as well as representatives of government agencies and business community.
Structure of the Board of Trustees
Chairman: Dmitriy A. Medvedev, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation
Members of the Board of Trustees:
- Dmitriy V. Livanov, Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation
- Andrey A. Fursenko, Presidential Advisor
- Dmitriy A. Kozak, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation
- Yuriy V. Vasiliev, Russian State Duma deputy, member of the State Duma Committee for Budget and Taxation
- Nikolay I. Bulaev, Russian State Duma deputy
- Grigoriy A. Balykhin, Russian State Duma deputy, member of the State Duma Committee for Education
- Nikolay S. Bondar, Judge of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation
- Viktor A. Bykov, CEO and co-owner of NT-MDT
- Abdulzhelil M. Abdulkerimov, Chairman of the Board of Directors, CJSC Russlavbank
- Vladimir S. Verba, CEO and Principal Designer of Vega Radio Engineering Ltd
- Yuriy A. Dombrovsky, Chairman of the Advisory Council of TELE2 Russia
- Natalya A. Yevtikhieva, President of the Russian Association of Business Education (coordinated by the Russian Federation Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Anatoliy B. Chubais, CEO of the Russian Corporation of Nanotechnologies (ROSNANO)
- Yuriy S. Osipov, President of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Sergey M. Aldoshin, Vice-President of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Director of the Research Institute for Chemical Physics
- Mikhail Ch. Zalikhanov, member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Research Coordinator of the Geophysical Institute of the Russian Hydrometeorological Center
- Panteleimon (secular name: Anatoliy I. Dolganov), Metropolitan of Yaroslavl and Rostov the Great
- Merkuriy (secular name: Igor V. Ivanov), Metropolitan of Rostov and Novocherkassk
- Vasiliy V. Vysokov, Chairman of the Board of Directors of OJSC Сentеr-Invest Commercial Bank
- Vasiliy Yu. Golubev, Governor of Rostov Region
- Vladimir F. Chub, Ex-Governor of Rostov Region
- Artem V. Gorban, SFedU student, the Faculty of Law