The Center of Russian as a foreign language (TORFL-Center) was created in accordance with an agreement between the Southern Federal University and the People's Friendship University of Russia (Moscow) in 1999.
TORFL-Center - one of the official institutions of the Russian State system of testing of Russian as a foreign language - ТРКИ / TORFL. The Center provides training, organizing and conducting testing of foreign citizens and stateless persons living in Russia or abroad. In case of passing the State examinations are issued Certificates of State standard.
TORFL-Center is a subdivision of the Southern Federal University and collaborates with the Department of Russian language for foreign students. Preparation for testing and conducting certification exams are engaged by qualified teachers who obtain additional specialization of language testing of Russian as a foreign language.
Director of TORFL-Center - Denis Ilyin, PhD.
Deputies Director / methodologists - Galina Shakirova and Elena Skuratova.
Assistant - Marina Lyasheva.
TORFL-Center organizes and conducts the State test of Russian as a foreign language, and prepares to testing.
1. State Certification TORFL exams to obtain a document confirming a certain level of competence in Russian as a foreign language.
2. State test of Russian language for foreign citizens and stateless persons for admission to the Citizenship of the Russian Federation.
3. Complex examination on knowledge of legislation of the Russian Federation, the history of Russia and of the Russian language
State certification exams in Southern Federal University are held on 4 levels of Russian as a foreign language:
- Basic level (ТБУ) - A2 (Waystage) on the pan-European scale - TRKI Basic - allows learners to communicate in a limited number of social and cultural situations.
- First certification level (ТРКИ-1) - B1 (Threshold) - TRKI 1 - is required for the enrollment in Russia's colleges and universities. It allows learners to communicate in a social/cultural situation and in an academic or professional environment.
- Second level (ТРКИ-2) - B2 (Vantage) - TRKI 2 - is required for a Bachelor's or Master's degree at Russian's higher education establishments, except philology (real education (language and literature). It enables learners to use Russian in all everyday situations and allows learners to do the professional activities in Russian.
- Third level (ТРКИ-3) C1 (Effective Operational Proficiency) - TRKI 3 - is required for a Bachelors degree in philology.
State test of Russian as a foreign language for admission to the Citizenship of the Russian Federation is conducted on the basis of special test materials. Complex examination on knowledge of legislation of the Russian Federation, the history of Russia and of the Russian language - for receiving authorization for work/patent, authorization for part-time residence or residence permit.
Test exam consists of several parts - sub tests “Reading", “Writing", "Grammar; Vocabulary", "Listening", "Speaking". The content of test materials for each level of proficiency is determined by the State educational standards of Russian as a foreign language. Module “Russian History" and module “legislation of the Russian Federation" (for those who want to gain a patent, authorization for part-time residence or residence permit) has 1 part (subtest) - 10 questions for those who want to gain a patent, 25 questions for applicants for authorization for part-time residence or residence permit.
1. The successful completion of tasks on all sub tests leads to obtaining State Certificate. The certificate is issued, if one of the sub tests the test scored less than 66%, but not less than 60% and the total score for the entire test exceeds 66%. The certificate has no Statute of limitation and regardless of the place of issue has equal force on the entire territory of the Russian Federation and abroad.
2. Otherwise tested receive a certificate of passing the test. The certificate contains the results of all examinations. Certificate is valid for two years and may be presented to retake in any educational institution, included into the state system of testing. If the test was unsatisfactory ratings by one or two sub tests, he can retake. The cost of re-taking is 50% from the cost of the full test. In cases where unsatisfactory evaluations in more than two sub tests need to retake the full test.
Procedure of exam
Come on the date of exam (contact us first). Document required for taking an exam:
- Application for taking a complex examination (personally filled)
- Confirmation of payment for the exam
- Passport (with a translation)
- Migration card and its copy
Before the testing begins, the supervisor of the test will give you all needed instructions. The control sheets (matrixes) are to be filled with a blue-ink pen. You are not allowed to talk with other applicants. After the time is over, you need to hang over the examination sheets and all handout material. Certificates printing and sending would take about 14 workdays. After we receive the certificates with your results we will inform you and invite for handing it over. You need to have your passport with you.
State testing (Certification levels)
- basic level - 6000 rubles
- first level - 6000 rubles
- second level - 6300 rubles
- third level - 6500 rubles
- to obtain Russian citizenship - 6000 rubles,
- for receiving authorization for work/patent - 4900 rubles,
- for receiving authorization for part-time residence or residence permit - 5300 rubles.
Address: Str. A. Sladkov, 178/24, office 302, Rostov-on-don, 344090, Russia
Tel .: +7 (863) 219-97-41, +7 (960) 451-04-15
Transport: bus N67, fixed-route taxis N40, 52, 59, 67, 85a - to the Zapadny district, "Zorge" stop.